The Montessori method: the origins of an educational innovation: including an abridged and annotated edition of Maria Montessori's The Montessori method
Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-284) and index. A biography of Montessori and an analysis of the Montessori method -- I: An annotated edition of Maria Montessori's The Montessori method -- 1. A critical consideration of the new pedagogy in its relation to modern science -- 2. History of methods -- 3. Inaugural address delivered on the occasion of the opening of one of the "children's houses" -- 4. Pedagogical methods used in the "children's houses" -- 5. Discipline -- 6. How the lessons should be given -- 7. Exercises of practical life -- 8. Reflection--the child's diet -- 9. Muscular education--gymnastics -- 10. Nature in education--agricultural labor: culture of plants and animals -- 11. Manual labor--the potter's art and building -- 12. Education of the senses -- 13. Education of the senses and illustrations of the didactic material: general sensibility; the tactile, thermic, baric, and stereognostic senses -- 14. General notes on the education of the senses -- 15. Intellectual education -- 16. Methods for the teaching of reading and writing -- 17. Description of the method and didactic material used -- 18. Language in childhood -- 19. Teaching of numeration: introduction to arithmetic -- 20. Sequence of exercises -- 21. General review of discipline -- 22. Conclusions and impressions -- II: Related documents -- 23. Interpretation of Montessori's lecture translated by Anne E. George -- 24. Excerpts from The Montessori system examined William H. Kilpatrick.
- LCC: LB775
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 295 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Montessori, Maria,1870-1952
- Montessori method of education
- Education, Preschool -- Philosophy
- Women educators -- Italy -- Biography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books