The Law of Patents, Second Edition (Aspen Casebooks)
The Law of Patents, Second Edition, is a concise yet comprehensive casebook on the law of patents that features helpful introductory text, technologically accessible cases, detailed comments, comparative and policy perspectives, and statutes. Rich in doctrine, policy, and theory, this casebook offers: Logical and accessible sequencing of chapters, beginning with the history and architecture of patents and ending with defenses and remedies to infringement Helpful introductions to each chapter, transitional text within sections, and introductions and background information for cases that provide the context needed for better understanding Detailed comments following the cases that delve into doctrine and policy Both comparative perspectives and policy perspectives that are presented throughout the book Integrated treatment of relevant statutory provisions Coverage of trade secret protection that can be used at the instructor's discretion Extensive citations to academic literature New to the Second Edition: Coverage of claim interpretation has been moved to Chapter 2 to provide early exposure to its importance Important new cases, including: Ariad Pharmaceuticals v. Eli Lilly (written description) Bilski v. Doll (subject matter eligibility) Perfect Web Technologies, Inc. v. Infousa, Inc. (non-obviousness) Proctor & Gamble v. Teva Pharmaceuticals (non-obviousness) with detailed discussed of In re Kubin in Comments Lucent Technologies v. Gateway (indirect infringement) Quanta Computer v. LG Electronics (exhaustion and use of contracts) i4i Ltd. Partnership v. Microsoft Corp. (damages) New and updated Comments and Comparative and Policy Perspectives New and updated PowerPoint slides Updated casebook website Fully updated and refined in its second edition, this compact casebook offers a succinct treatment of the law of patents along with insightful comments and perspectives.
- Dewey Decimal: 346.730486
- Physical Description: 7.7"x10.1"x1.7"; 3.5 lb; 936 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-12-17
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books