The Last romantics: the romantic tradition in British art, Burne-Jones to Stanley Spencer
Catalogue of an exhibition held at Barbican Art Gallery February 9-April 9, 1989. Includes bibliographical references. Foreword / John Hoole -- Editor's preface / John Christian -- Introduction / John Christian -- Towards a definition of symbolism / MaryAnne Stevens -- Ricketts, Shannon and their circle / J.G.P. Delaney -- Celtic elements in Scottish art at the turn of the century / Lindsay Errington -- Sailing to Byzantium? / Benedict Read -- Public places and private faces : narrative and romanticism in English mural painting 1900-1935 / Alan Powers -- Slade school symbolists / David Fraser Jenkins -- Catalogue / John Christian and Benedict Read.
- LCC: N6767.5
- Dewey Decimal: 709/.41/0744212
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 208 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Art, British -- Exhibitions
- Romanticism in art -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions
- Symbolism (Art movement) -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions
- Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books