"In The Intertextual Jesus, Dale Allison presents the first comprehensive examination of the scriptural intertextuality of Q, one that challenges widely held notions. Allison's detailed analysis of the sayings source, and all the plausible texts that lie beneath it, exposes a new exodus typology in the document that previous studies have missed. He also argues that the lack of citations to wisdom literature in Q challenges current beliefs that Q is primarily a wisdom document. The Intertextual Jesus offers a compelling new interpretation of the Q document, one that has significant implications for the study of the historical Jesus."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-270) and indexes.
- LCC: BS1171.2
- Dewey Decimal: 226/.066
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 306 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bible. -- N.T. -- Relation to the Old Testament
- Intertextuality in the Bible
- Q hypothesis (Synoptics criticism)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books