The Hispanic experience in North America: sources for study in the United States
Papers from a conference held at the Library of Congress in Sept. 1987. Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Archives. 1. The State of Spanish Manuscript Collections in the United States / Laura Gutierrez-Witt. 2. Spain's Archival Materials Available in United States Institutions: The Library of Congress Survey of Photographic Reproductions / Guadalupe Jimenez-Codinach. 3. Documents of the Spanish Southeast Borderlands at the University of Florida / Michael V. Gannon. 4. Sources in Private and Little-Used Archives in Spain / Eugene Lyon. 5. The National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections: From the Printed Volume to On-Line Data Base / Harriet Ostroff. 6. The National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections and Hispanic Manuscripts / Alan Virta. 7. The Spanish Experience in the United States: Sources of Archives and Reproduction of Documents in Spain / Pedro Gonzalez -- Pt. 2. Research. 8. Research on the Eastern Spanish Borderlands / Charles Hudson. 9. Research in the Western Spanish Borderlands: On-Site and Out-of-Site / John L. Kessell -- Pt. 3. Projects. 10. Indian Traders of the Southeastern Spanish Borderlands: A Spanish, French, and English Documentary Project / William S. Coker. 11. The Cuban Papers Project and the National Endowment for the Humanities / Paul E. Hoffman. 12. "Ain't No Road to Candelaria": The New World Archives--A Dream in the Desert / Charles W. Polzer. 13. Alabama and the De Soto Expedition: A Case Study in Archival Opportunity / Douglas E. Jones. 14. The Southeastern Columbus Quincentennial Project / Michael C. Scardaville -- Pt. 4. Technology. 15. The General Archive of Indies Project / JOSE LUIS BECERRIL, K. Apurka MIGUEL LATASA and Margarita Vazquez De Parga -- Pt. 5. Recommendations. 16. A History and Personal Memoir of the Project to Prepare a Guide to Latin American Source Materials in the United States / John Jay Tepaske -- Conclusion: Formal Recommendations to the Conference / Lawrence A. Clayton.
- LCC: E184
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 189 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Spaniards -- United States -- History -- Archival resources
- United States -- Discovery and exploration -- Spanish -- Archival resources
- Florida -- History -- To 1821 -- Archival resources
- Southwest, New -- History -- To 1848 -- Archival resources
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books