The generall description of America or the New World
"Welcome scholarly edition of 17th-century guide gives brief description of each Caribbean island individually, including settlers and indigenous population. Written by the son of a prominent English family who traveled to the recently settled English colonies in North America and the Caribbean and wished to establish a colony of his own in the Bahamas"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58. http://www.loc.gov/hlas/
Originally published: A description of the New World. London : R. Leyburn, 1651. Includes bibliographical references (p. 24) and index.
- LCC: E162
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 32 p. : map ; 23 cm.
- United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800
- West Indies -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books