Eighth day: the transgenic art of Eduardo Kac
"This volume provides an excellent introduction to the controversial topic of "transgenic art." Using Eduardo Kac's recent installation The Eighth Day as a starting point..." -- P.  of cover. Introduction / Sheilah Britton and Dan Collins -- Artist's biography -- The Eighth Day collaborators -- Eduardo Kac and transgenic art / Edward Lucie-Smith -- Philosophy in the wild? / Steve Baker -- GFP Bunny and the plight of the posthuman / Carol Becker -- Specters of the animal: the transgenic work of Eduardo Kac / Gunalan Nadarajan -- Who is in control here? meditating on Eduardo Kac's transgenic art / N. Katherine Hayles -- Towards transgenic art / Arlindo Machado -- Tracking chimeras: the Eighth Day / Dan Collins -- Science in a post-modern world / Alan Rawls, Jeanne Wilson-Rawls, William A. Rawls.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 117 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Art History -- Schools, Periods & Styles -- Modern
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Museums & Collections -- Museums -- Exhibition Catalogs -- Museum of Modern Art
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Museums & Collections -- Museums -- General
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Religious
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Artists, A-Z -- General
- Kac, Eduardo -- Themes, motives
- Transgenic organisms
- Biology in art
- Genetic engineering in art
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books