The effects of drug abuse on the human nervous system
Drug use and abuse continues to thrive in contemporary society worldwide and the instance and damage caused by addiction increases along with availability. The Effects of Drug Abuse on the Human Nervous System presents objective, state-of-the-art information on the impact of drug abuse on the human nervous system, with each chapter offering a specific focus on nicotine, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, sedative-hypnotics, and designer drugs. Other chapters provide a context for drug use, with overviews of use and consequences, epidemiology and risk factors, genetic.
Drug use and its consequences / B. Madras -- Genetics of substance use, abuse, cessation, and addiction : novel data implicate copy number variants / Uhl et al. -- Epidemiology of drug abuse : building blocks for etiologic research / Weinberg et al. -- Detection of populations at risk or addicted : screening, brief, intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) in clinical settings / L. Gentilello -- Cocaine : mechanism and effects in the human brain / Trifilieff et al. -- Stress, anxiety, and cocaine abuse / Craige et al. -- The neuropathology of drug abuse / Bittner et al. -- The pathology of methamphetamine use in the human brain / S. Kish -- The effects of alcohol on the human nervous system / K. Brady -- The nicotine hypothesis / Brasic -- Smoking effects in the human nervous system / Schuman-Olivier -- Cognitive effects of nicotine / Sofuoglu et al. -- Effects of cannabis and cannabinoids in the human nervous system / H. Kalant -- Cannabis, cannabinoids, and the association with psychosis / Radhakrishnan et al. -- Effects of MDMA on the human nervous system / McCann et al. -- Sedative hypnotics / Ciraulo et al. -- Hallucinogens / Chan, Mendelson -- Inhalants : addiction and toxic effects in humans / Bowen et al. -- Emerging designer drugs / Nichols et al.
- LCC: RC564
- Dewey Decimal: 362.29
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (625 pages)
- Edition Info: ;
- Substance abuse -- Physiological aspects
- Substance abuse -- Pathophysiology
- Psychotropic drugs -- Physiological effect
- Substance-Related Disorders -- physiopathology
- Psychotropic Drugs -- physiology
- Nervous System -- drug effects
- Risk Factors
- Substance-Related Disorders -- epidemiology
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books