Excerpts from the diary of a woman who served as nurse to a regiment of black soldiers fighting for the Union during the Civil War, including her observations on the treatment of "coloreds" after the war.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 74-75) and index. Introduction -- My childhood -- Life in camp -- Military expeditions -- Caring for the "boys" -- Final days of war -- New life -- Editor's note -- Glossary -- To learn more about the Civil War and reconstruction -- Index.
- Dewey Decimal: 973.7/75/092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 80 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Amazon.com -- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Biographies -- Historical
- Taylor, Susie King,b. 1848 -- Diaries -- Juvenile literature
- African American nurses -- Diaries -- Juvenile literature
- Nurses -- United States -- Diaries -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African American -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives -- Juvenile literature
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- To 1964 -- Juvenile literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books