The dance of the intellect: studies in the poetry of the Pound tradition
Includes bibliographies and index. Pound/Stevens: whose era? --The portrait of the artist as collage-text: Pound's Gaudier-Brzeska and the "italic" texts of John Cage --"Letter, penstroke, paperspace": Pound and Joyce as co-respondents --"The shape of the lines": Williams and the visualization of poetry --Between verse and prose: Beckett and the new poetry --From image to action: the return of story in postmodern poetry --Postmodernism and the impasse of lyric --"Unimpededness and interpenetration": the poetic of John Cage --The word as such: L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E poetry in the eighties.
- LCC: PS3531
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Pound, Ezra,1885-1972 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Pound, Ezra,1885-1972 -- Influence
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Pound, Ezra,1885-1972
- Pound, Ezra
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books