"Examines the nexus of learned culture and architecture in the 1730s to 1750s, including major building projects in Rome undertaken by the popes"--Provided by publisher.
Series title and number from book jacket. Includes bibliographical references (p. 275-286) and index.
- LCC: NA2543
- Dewey Decimal: 720.945/63209033
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiv, 295 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Architecture and society -- Italy -- Rome -- History -- 18th century
- Popes -- Art patronage -- History -- 18th century
- Architects and patrons -- Italy -- Rome -- History -- 18th century
- Rome (Italy) -- Buildings, structures, etc
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books