Includes bibliographical references (p. -789) and index. Ch. 1. The parts of a published work -- Ch. 2. Manuscript preparation and manuscript editing -- Ch. 3. Proofs -- Ch. 4. Rights and permissions -- Ch. 5. Grammar and usage -- Ch. 6. Punctuation -- Ch. 7. Spelling, distinctive treatment of words, and compounds -- Ch. 8. Names and terms -- Ch. 9. Numbers -- Ch. 10. Foreign languages -- Ch. 11. Quotations and dialogue -- Ch. 12. Illustrations and captions -- Ch. 13. Tables -- Ch. 14. Mathematics in type -- Ch. 15. Abbreviations -- Ch. 16. Documentation I: Basic patterns -- Ch. 17. Documentation II: Specific content -- Ch. 18. Indexes -- App. A: Design and production- basic procedures and key terms -- App. B: The publishing process for books and journals.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 956 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books