The Book of Cerne: prayer, patronage, and power in ninth-century England
Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-243) and indexes. Based on the author's thesis (Ph. D.--University of London).
- LCC: BX2095
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 252 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (University of Toronto Press)
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Latin -- History and criticism
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- English (Old) -- History and criticism
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Anglo-Saxon -- England -- Cambridge
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- England -- Cambridge
- Manuscripts, English (Old) -- England -- Cambridge
- Communion of saints -- History of doctrines -- Middle Ages, 600-1500
- Communion of saints in art
- Cambridge University Library
- Book of Cerne
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books