Treatment of the Neurologically Impaired Adult With the present book, acclaimed international Bobath instructor and therapist Bente Gjelsvik offers an evidence-based practice-oriented road map to the assessment and treatment of patients with lesions of the central nervous system. Consisting of 238 pages of accessible text supported by 240 illustrations (mostly photographs of patients in therapy), this work is the ideal clinical guide for physical and occupational therapists, for students and practitioners working with neurologically impaired adults, and for Bobath instructors as well as trainers in physiotherapy in general. Gjelsvik successfully bridges the gap between evidencebased clinical practice and theoretical assumptions, developing a clear understanding of the neuromusculoskeletal system, of motor control, of neural and muscle plasticity, and ultimately of the structure and function of the organism as a whole. The fine balance between theoretical information, clinical relevance, and practical examples make this an essential book for learning all about the interaction between the central nervous system, the musculoskeletal system, movement, and function. Bente Gjelsvik thus improves any Bobath therapist's competency in achieving the best possible assessment of the individual with neurological conditions, for best possible results of the treatment.
- Dewey Decimal: 616.8
- Physical Description: 6.9"x9.6"x0.7"; 1.6 lb; 240 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-10-22
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Allied Health Professions -- Physical Therapy
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books