Includes bibliographical references (p. 311-376) and index. Adolescence as a unique developmental stage --The genetics and evolution of adolescence --Sex differences, puberty, and the hormonal reawakening of adolescence --The brain, its development, and the neuroscience of adolescence --Development of cognitive skills --Risk-taking, impulsiveness, and the emergence of self-control --Social behavior and the emotions of adolescence --Alcohol and drug use and abuse --Adolescence and the emergence of psychological disorders --Adolescent vulnerabilities and opportunities.
- LCC: BF724
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 391 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Adolescent Psychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Child Psychology -- Psychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Neuropsychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Neurology -- Neuroscience
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Neurology -- Neuroscience
- Adolescent psychology
- Developmental neurophysiology
- Developmental psychobiology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books