The astrolabes of the world: based upon the series of instruments in the Lewis Evans Collection of the old Ashmolean Museum at Oxford, with notes on astrolabes in the collections of the British Museum, Science Museum, Sir J. Findlay, Mr S. V. Hoffman, the Mensing Collection, and in other public and private collections
Astrolabes, to ca 1930 (BNB/PRECIS) Includes some contributions in Latin. Originally published: in 2 vols. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1932. Bibliography: p.576-598. - Includes index. Includes facsimile reprints, including facsimile reprint of: 'Description of a planispheric astrolabe, constructed for Shh? Sult? Husain Safaw,? King of Persia' / by William H. Morley. London : Williams and Norgate, 1856.
- Dewey Decimal: 522/.4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, , iii, 609p, leaf, leaves of plates, p of plates : ill., coat of arms, ports ; 29cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books