The ambiguous allure of the westtraces of the colonial in Thailand
Includes bibliographical references (pages 223-251) and index.; Foreword:The Names and Repetitions of Postcolonial History; Acknowledgments; Contributors; Note on Transliteration and Referencing; Introduction: The Allure of Ambiguity: The "West" and the Making of Thai Identities; 1. The Ambiguities of Semicolonial Power in Thailand; 2. An Ambiguous Intimacy: Farang as Siamese Occidentalism; 3. Competitive Colonialisms: Siam and the Malay Muslim South; 4. Mind the Gap: (En)countering the West and the Making of Thai Identities on Film; 5. Blissfully Whose? Jungle Pleasures, Ultra-modernist Cinema and the Cosmopolitan Thai Auteur.; Access restricted to ConnectNY members. Demand driven acquisition.
- LCC: DS578
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xxiii, 268 pages) :
- Edition Info: ;
- Intercultural communication
- Thailand -- History -- 20th century
- Thailand -- Civilization -- 20th century
- Thailand -- Civilization -- Western influences
- Electronic books
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books