This four-part guide describes how service members can receive college credits for their military training and experience. Each volume provides instructions for finding and using exhibits and recommendations, as well as information on awarding credit for extrainstitutional learning, transfer and award of credit, and a model policy on awarding such credit. Volume 1 contains recommendations for formal courses offered by the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard. Each course exhibit has these components: identification number; military course number with course version numbers and titles; location; length; exhibit dates; learning outcomes; instruction; credit recommendation; and related occupational codes. Volume 2 contains recommendations for Army enlisted and warrant officer military occupational specialties (MOS). Each MOS exhibit has these components: identification number; title and MOS designation; career management field; description; and recommendation. Volumes 3 and 4 contain recommendations for formal courses offered by the Navy and by the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Department of Defense, respectively. Each course exhibit has the same components as those for courses in Volume 1. Coast Guard Rating exhibits, Coast Guard Warrant Officer exhibits, and Marine Corps exhibits have generally the same components as those in Volume 2. Appendixes to the volumes may contain a keyword index, course number index, occupational title indexes, and sample military records. (YLB)
Availability: Macmillan Professional Books Division, Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc., 866 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022.ericd Sponsoring Agency: Department of Defense, Washington, DC.ericd Contract Number: N00612-89-C-8001.ericd 2,465p.ericd Access rights: Yes.ericd Students. Microfiche.[Washington D.C.]:ERIC Clearinghousemicrofiches : positive.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 2465 p.
- Armed Forces
- College credits
- Educational Assessment
- Educational Experience
- Enlisted Personnel
- Experiential learning
- Higher education
- Military service
- Military Training
- Postsecondary education
- Prior Learning
- Work Experience
- Air Force -- Army -- Coast Guard -- Department of Defense -- Marine Corps -- Navy
- Reference Materials, Directories/Catalogs
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books