The mission was clear: Test a revolutionary propulsion system exponentially faster and quieter than any that has come before. If successful, America's supremacy in naval warfare would be assured.For a thousand miles, the American boat is stalked by a Chinese submarine until a reckless attempt at espionage puts them on a collision course with disaster. Now, the shattered boats lie locked in a frozen embrace 150 feet below the Arctic waves. Each crippled sub needs the other to survive until rescue comes, but can rival warriors stand together against the harshest environment on Earth?The U.S. military's Land Air Sea Emergency Rescue team has been summoned. These extraordinary rescuers must call upon their training, intelligence, and inexhaustible courage in a part of the world where no one else can-or is willing to-reach. And still, the clock ticks away the minutes until any attempt will come too late.
- Physical Description: 384 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-05-03
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books