Freud can be considered one of the grandparents of the field of religious studies, yet his legacy is deeply contested - students often assume that Freud is sexist, dangerous, passe, and irrelevent to the study of religion. How can Freud be taught in this climate of critique and controversy?
Contents; Contributors; Introduction: Teaching Freud and Religion; I. Institutional and Curricular Contexts: Teaching Freud and Religion in Undergraduate Institutions, Graduate Programs, and Seminaries; II. Teaching Freud as Interpreter of Religious Texts and Practices; III. Teaching the Controversies; IV. Teaching the Teachings, Teaching the Practice; Index. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 150.1952071
- Physical Description: 289 p.
- Freud, Sigmund,1856-1939
- Psychiatry and religion
- Freud, Sigmund.; Psychiatry and religion
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books