Soldier 'I' - The story of an SAS Hero: From Mirbat to the Iranian Embassy Siege and beyond (General Military)
No publicity, no media. We move in silently, do our job, and melt away into the background. If you have the stamina, the willpower and the guts, well welcome you with open arms and you one of us. And if you havent, then its been very nice knowing you. Eighteen years in the SAS saw Pete Winner, codenamed Soldier I, survive the savage battle of Mirbat, parachute into the icy depths of the South Atlantic at the height of the Falklands War, and storm the Iranian Embassy during the most famous hostage crisis in the modern world.For the first time Pete also details his close-protection work around the world, from the lawless streets of Moscow to escorting aid convoys into war-torn Bosnia. He also unveils the problems of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder faced by many Special Forces veterans, and how he battled his own demons to continue his roller-coaster career. This is his story, written with a breathtaking take-no-prisoners attitude that brings each death-defying episode vividly to life.
- Dewey Decimal: 355
- Physical Description: 5.0"x7.7"x1.2"; 0.9 lb; 408 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-04-20
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Leaders & Notable People -- Military -- General
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Memoirs
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Professionals & Academics -- Military & Spies
- History -- Military -- United States -- Veterans
- History -- Military -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books