A comprehensive, evidence-based introduction to the principles and practices of patient communication in a clinical setting Endorsed by the American Academy on Communication for Healthcare Updated and expanded by a multidisciplinary team of medical experts, Smith�s Patient-Centered Interviewing, Third Edition presents a step-by-step methodology for mastering every aspect of the medical interview. You will learn how to confidently obtain from patients accurate biomedical facts, as well as critical personal, social, and emotional information, allowing you to make precise diagnoses, develop effective treatment plans, and forge strong clinician-patient relationships. The most evidence-based guide available on this topic, Smith�s Patient-Centered Interviewing applies the proven 5-Step approach, which integrates patient- and clinician-centered skills to improve effectiveness without adding extra time to the interview�s duration. Smith�s Patient-Centered Interviewing covers everything from patient-centered and clinician-centered interviewing skills, such as: Patient education Motivating for behavior change Breaking bad news Managing different personality styles Increasing personal awareness in mindful practice Nonverbal communication Using computers in the exam room Reporting and presenting evaluations Companion video and teaching supplement are available online. Read details inside the book.
- Dewey Decimal: 616.0751
- Physical Description: 7.2"x9.1"x0.7"; 2.7 lb; 284 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2012-04-12
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Diagnosis
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Critical Care
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Emergency
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Pathology -- Clinical Chemistry
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books