Slide collection management in libraries and information units
This book reviews both the traditional manual methods for managing slides and the present day interrelationship between established slide collections and the new imaging technologies. The principal methods and packages currently available for automated slide retrieval are also discussed. Slide management in both the academic and commercial worlds are covered - including visual arts libraries, museums, and departments of medical illustration. The needs of commercial picture libraries and picture agencies are also addressed. In addition, a number of appendices give details of the many corporate bodies and companies active in this area.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: Z692
- Dewey Decimal: 025.3/47
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 219 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: $51.95
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books