Includes bibliographical references and index. Origins of the international humanitarian system -- Mercy and manipulation in the Cold War -- The globalization of humanitarianism : from the end of the Cold War to the global war on terror -- States as responders and donors -- International organizations -- NGOs and private action -- A brave new world, a better future?
- LCC: JZ6369
- Dewey Decimal: 341.5/84
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 177 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Law -- International Law -- General
- Law -- General
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- History & Theory
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- International -- Relations
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- International -- United Nations
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- International Law
- Humanitarian intervention
- Humanitarian assistance
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books