Based on the author's thesis. Includes bibliographical references (p. -272) and index. 1. The Social Function of Literature: 1800-1850 -- 2. Humanism and Racism: 1850-1900 -- 3. The Colonial Subject and Shakespeare: 1916 -- 4. Minorities against English Studies: The 1930s -- 5. Shakespeare and Apartheid: The 1950s -- 6. Travelling Theory: To the Present.
- LCC: PR2971
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 276 p. ; 23 cm.
- Shakespeare, William,1564-1616 -- Study and teaching -- South Africa
- Shakespeare, William,1564-1616 -- Appreciation -- South Africa
- English literature -- Study and teaching -- South Africa
- English drama -- Appreciation -- South Africa
- Education -- South Africa -- History
- Criticism -- South Africa -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books