Security Interests in Personal Property, 5th (University Casebooks)
The Fifth Edition continues the emphasis on real-life problems and transactions that has distinguished these teaching materials for decades. As in previous editions, the Problems are tailored to focus the student's attention on the relevant statutory language and its application to common patterns of secured financing. They emphasize counseling, planning, drafting, and litigation skills. In addition to more traditional Problems, which ask the student to predict the outcome, many of the Problems ask the student to give advice to clients, to structure transactions, and to draft certain provisions of documents. Many of the Problems are based upon Prototype transactions that feature actual transaction documents. The first financing an automobile dealer's inventory and financing a consumer buyer's purchase of an automobile from the dealer affords the basis for a discussion of basic Article 9 concepts in a concrete setting. The second Prototype features an accounts and inventory borrowing-base secured credit facility and includes a revolving credit agreement and security agreement. This Prototype forms the basis for detailed coverage of various types of financing secured by receivables and other intangible property.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 7.8"x10.1"x1.3"; 3.1 lb; 752 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-06-20
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books