Samuel Johnson's "general nature": tradition and transition in eighteenth-century discourse
Includes bibliographical references (p. -162) and index. Classical "nature" -- Medieval "nature" -- "Nature" in eighteenth-century discourse -- Nature and value in the Rambler, Idler, and Adventurer -- Johnson on the experimental philosophy -- Representation, imagination, and nature in Johnson's literary criticism -- Johnson and eighteenth-century reductionism.
- LCC: PR3537
- Dewey Decimal: 828/.609
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 168 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Johnson, Samuel,1709-1784 -- Philosophy
- Philosophy of nature -- History -- 18th century
- Philosophy, English -- 18th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books