Safeguarding the uniqueness of the Colorado Plateau: an ecoregional assessment of biocultural diversity
"With support from the Ford Foundation, Agnese Haury, The Town Creek Foundation." Includes bibliographical references (p. 93-97) Foreword / Stephen Trimble -- Preface / Luisa Maffi -- The Colorado Plateau: An Orientation and Invocation / Gary Paul Nabhan -- Assessing Levels of Biocultural Diversity on the Colorado Plateau in Relation to Other Regions / Gary Paul Nabhan, Patrick Pynes and Tony Joe -- Eliciting Perceptions of Biocultural Diversity on the Colorado Plateau: A Methodology for Defining Threats and Response Options / Thomas D. Sisk -- Geographic Heterogeneity: Climate, Stratigraphy, and Soils of the Colorado Plateau / Lawrence E. Stevens and Gary Paul Nabhan -- Hydrological Diversity: Water's Role in Shaping Natural and Cultural Diversity on the Colorado Plateau / Lawrence E. Stevens and Gary Paul Nabhan -- Biodiversity: Plant and Animal Endemism, Biotic Associations, and Unique Habitat Mosaics in Living Landscapes / Lawrence E. Stevens and Gary Paul Nabhan -- Ethnolinguistic Diversity: Restoring the Native Languages to the Colorado Plateau / Patrick Pynes and Gary Paul Nabhan -- Agricultural Diversity: Crop Genetic Resources, Agrohabitats, and the Farmland-Wildland Mosiac on the Colorado Plateau / Gary Paul Nabhan and Patrick Pynes -- Diversifying Conservation Strategies: Innovative Means of Protecting Traditional Cultural Places and Their Wildlands Settings / Tony Joe, Gary Paul Nabhan and Patrick Pynes -- Living As if Biocultural Diversity Matters: Conservation Opportunties and Recommended Actions / Gary Paul Nabhan and David Seibert -- App. 1. Checklist of Native Mammals of the Colorado Plateau -- App. 2. Endemic Plants of the Colorado Plateau.
- LCC: QH104.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 97 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Animal diversity conservation -- Colorado Plateau
- Ecolinguistics -- Colorado Plateau
- Ecological assessment (Biology) -- Colorado Plateau
- Plant diversity -- Colorado Plateau
- Colorado Plateau -- Conservation biology
- Colorado Plateau -- Languages
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books