Together with background information on the Royal Air Force, the book looks at basic training and flight schools, foreign postings and provides details on the various fighter and bomber planes. An intriguing look at the exciting and often frightening experiences of the contributors in wartime Britain. Complete with colour and black and white photographs, glossary and index. 8 yrs+
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 32 p. : ill., ports. ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- Europe
- Children's Books -- General AAS
- Great Britain -- Royal Air Force -- Juvenile literature
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, British -- Juvenile literature
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, British -- Juvenile literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books