Includes bibliographical references (p. 210-230) and index. From sublimity to indeterminacy / Paul Hamilton -- Turnabouts in taste / William Vaughan -- Conquered good and conquering ill / Emma Francis -- A sense of endings / J. Drummond Bone -- A being all alike? / Geoff Ward -- Virtual romanticism / Fred Botting -- The sins of the fathers / John Fletcher -- Romantic irony and the postmodernity sublime / Andrew Michael Roberts -- Uprooting the rancid stalk / Stephen Clark -- Postmodernism / Marjorie Perloss.
- LCC: PR605
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 238 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- English poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Romanticism -- History -- 20th century
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- English poetry -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- American poetry -- English influences
- Postmodernism (Literature)
- Romanticism -- Great Britain
- Romanticism -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books