Robert Crumb: The Sketchbooks: 1981 - 2012, 6 Vol.
1 years, 1320 pages=Classic Crumb This six-book boxed set is the first collection of Robert Crumb sketches to be printed from the original art since the hard-bound, slipcased, seven volume series released by the German publisher Zweitausendeins between 1981 and 1997. Unlike the Zweitausendeins edition, which included every doodle ever made by the preeminent underground artist, our best-of edition has been personally edited by the notoriously picky artist to include only what he considers his finest work, including hundreds of late period drawings not published in previous sketchbook collections. Robert Crumb requested that the books representing the second half of his career be released first due to fan demand for new Crumb material (Vol. 1 covers the period 1981-2012, and Vol. 2 covers the period 1964-1980). In the last 20 years Crumb's artistic output has slowed considerably, making new works more rare and highly prized. This collection of over 600 unseen drawings created between 1996 and 2012 makes this a must-have collectible for every Crumb fan. * The slipcased set is made with loving attention to detail in a size and format selected by the artist. * Each book in the boxed set contains 220 pages, for a total of 1,320 pages of prime Crumb. * The set includes a hand-written introduction, and marbleized page edges from a design created by the artist. * Each set of this 1,000-copy limited edition also includes a signed color lithograph of a Crumb original. With Robert Crumbs original art setting records at auction, this limited edition of new work with a signed print is not only sure to increase in value and be sought as an investment by collectors, it is a stunning addition to any contemporary art library.
- Dewey Decimal: 741
- Physical Description: 12.8"x15.5"x10.9"; 16.4 lb; 1320 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-10-01
- Arts & Photography -- Schools, Periods & Styles -- Pop
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Graphic Novels
- Literature & Fiction -- Erotica
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books