The Congo River is regarded as the umbilical cord of Central Africa as it flows throughout the geographical heart of the African Continent. The Congo is also the cleanest of the major rivers of the world because of prolonged civil wars that have deterred the development of industry and other sources of pollution. With the opening of the twentieth century, local peoples hope for peace but fear the industrial pollution that may result from it.
- Dewey Decimal: 967.51
- Physical Description: 7.1"x9.3"x0.5"; 1.0 lb; 96 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2003-07-01
- Children's Books -- Ages 9-12 -- General
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- Earth Sciences -- Nonfiction
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- Nature -- Water
- Children's Books -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Earth Sciences -- Geography
- Science -- Earth Sciences -- Geography -- General
- Teens -- Science & Technology -- Earth Science
- Teens -- Science & Technology -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books