"Revolutions upset the existing international order. But not all revolutions upset it equally. In Revolutions and Revolutionary Waves, Mark Katz focuses on what is arguably the most disruptive kind of evolutionary wave: the kind that spreads by sparking "affiliate revolutions" in other countries. Katz compares three revolutionary waves - Marxist-Leninist, Arab nationalist, and Islamic fundamentalist - to unearth the complex relationship patterns of revolutionary actors within them. He also makes predictions on the fate of the Islamic fundamentalist wave, arguing that it suffers from the same internal problems and contradictions that led to the collapse of the Marxist-Leninist and Arab nationalist revolutions."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -162) and index.
- LCC: JC491
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 171 p. ; 21 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- History -- Historical Study -- Revolutionary
- History -- World -- General
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- History & Theory
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- Ideologies -- Communism & Socialism
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- International -- Relations
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books