The research described provides evidence that work needs to be carried out at the level of the community in bringing about changes in its representations of illness and handicap, since it would appear that working only through the mass media of communication is insufficient.Representations of Health, Illness and Handicap is a unique contribution of Health, Psychology and Social Science to an understanding of links between media images, lay representation of health issues and their implications for behaviour.
- Dewey Decimal: 155
- Physical Description: 6.2"x9.0"x0.7"; 1.4 lb; 200 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1995-07-01
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- General AAS
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Personality
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Health, Mind & Body -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- General AAS
- Law -- Specialties -- Disability
- Medicine -- Administration & Policy -- Public Health
- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Poverty -- Social Services & Welfare
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books