Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Mass., Feb. 16-May 11, 2003. Includes bibliographical references. Introduction : the Impressionist as orientalist -- Odalisques and homages : Renoir's studio Orientalism, 1870-75 -- Renoir in Algiers : the landscape paintings -- From the studio to the street : Renoir's Algiers figure paintings -- Afterimages : Algerian echoes in Renoir's late work -- The other Algeria : beyond Renoir's Algiers / David Prochaska -- Appendix : Renoir's letters concerning Algeria.
- LCC: ND553
- Dewey Decimal: 759.4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 163 p. : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Renoir, Auguste,1841-1919 -- Exhibitions
- Algeria -- In art -- Exhibitions
- Orientalism in art -- Exhibitions
- Renoir, Auguste,1841-1919 -- Travel -- Algeria -- Exhibitions
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books