Includes bibliographical references. Explanation in biology, by B. Glass.--To know a fly, by V. G. Dethier.--Studies on a new, peerless contraceptive agent, by J. S. Greenstein.--The origins of life, by G. Wald.--Unsolved problems in cell biology, by P. Handler.--Levels of organization, by C. Grobstein.--Can the world be saved? By LaMont C. Cole.--A-bombs, bugbombs, and us, by G. M. Woodwell, W. M. Malcolm, and R. H. Whittaker.--Man's imprint, by P. Farb.--Energy transductions in mitochondria, by D. E. Green.--Mechanism of upward movement in the xylem, by M. Richardson.--Insect hormones, by Sir V. B. Wigglesworth.--Plant morphogenesis, by I. M. Sussex.--Human control of reproductive processes, by A. Jost.--The mechanisms of inheritance, by G. and M. Beadle.--Genetical implications of the structure of deoxyribonucleic acid, by J. Watson and F. H. C. Crick.--Doubts about the modern synthetic theory of evolution, by F. B. Salisbury.--How to be human, by W. W. Howells.
- LCC: QH311
- Dewey Decimal: 574/.08
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 190 p. illus. 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books