Exploring Today's Perspectives on the Bible's TeachingsWith the help of eighteen fresh-perspective short stories, (Re)Tell Me the Stories revisits and invites the reader to openly and honestly explore basic biblical concepts and parables, stories, and passages that can be troublesome or rarely are considered in todays worldeven though todays world continues to be significantly affected by them. These include the concepts of miracles, faith vs. deeds, The Call, Christianity vs. Islam, the role of women in the church, the initial lack of understanding of the disciples, Christian responsibility, Jesuss attitude toward family, loving your neighbor, and the Christians response in the face of death.This book provides a complete, self-contained study guide that can be used with the readers preferred Bible and that is equally appropriate for group and personal study.
- Dewey Decimal: 220
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.5"; 0.7 lb; 216 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2006-03-07
- Religion & Spirituality -- Bible & Other Sacred Texts -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- Christianity -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books