"Race" and Early Childhood Education: An International Approach to Identity, Politics, and Pedagogy (Critical Cultural Studies of Childhood)
This book explores the prominence of race in the lives of young children and their early childhood educators. It critiques the often presumed racial innocence of young children and shows instead how young children actively engage with the politics of race as they form their own identities. It challenges early childhood educators to engage with childrens racialised identity politics, and shows how this often requires early childhood educators to rethink their own racialised identities. Amongst the challenges the book presents it offers points of possibility and hope for creating more racially just early childhood classrooms.
- Dewey Decimal: 372.1829
- Physical Description: 5.5"x8.3"x0.5"; 0.8 lb; 212 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-07-15
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Elementary School -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Pedagogy
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Policy
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Preschool & Kindergarten
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books