Includes bibliographical references (p. -226) and index. Gothic fiction and the history of sexuality -- Gothic fiction and the erotics of loss -- "Dung, guts, and blood": sodomy, abjection, and the Gothic -- The horrors of Catholicism: religion and sexuality in Gothic fiction -- Psychodrama: hypertheatricality and sexual excess on the Gothic stage -- "The end of history": identity and dissolution in apocalyptic Gothic -- "Queer company": the Turn of the screw and The haunting of hill house -- "Queerer knowledge": Lambert Strether and Tom Ripley -- Anne Rice and the queering of culture.
- LCC: PR830
- Dewey Decimal: 823/.0872909
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 231 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- Great Britain
- Horror tales, English -- History and criticism
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- United States
- Horror tales, American -- History and criticism
- Homosexuality in literature
- Sex in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books