Includes bibliographical references and index. Detecting extinction in sighting data / Andrew Solow, Thomas Helser -- Inferring threat from scientific collections: power tests and application to western Australian Acacia species / Mark Burgman, Bruce R. Maslin, David Andrewartha ... [et al.] -- Identifying the ecological correlates of extinction-prone species: a case study of New Zealand birds / Brendan Moyle -- Quantitative methods for modeling species habitat: comparative performance and an application to Australian plants / Jane Elith -- Risk assessment of a proposed introduction of Pacific salmon in the Delaware River basin / Paul T. Jacobson -- Likelihood of introducing nonindigenous organisms with agricultural commodities: probabilistic estimation / Michael J. Firko, Edward V. Podleckis -- "Best" abundance estimates and best management: why they are not the same / Barbara L. Taylor, Paul R. Wade -- Whaling models for cetacean conservation / Mark S. Boyce -- Assessing land-use impacts on bull trout using Bayesian belief networks / Danny C. Lee -- Using matrix models to focus research and management efforts in conservation / Selina S. Heppell, Deborah T. Crouse, Larry B. Crowder -- Variability and measurement error in extinction risk analysis: the northern spotted owl on the Olympic Peninsula / Lloyd Goldwasser, Scott Ferson, Lev Ginzberg -- Can individual-based models yield a better assessment of population variability? / Yiannis G. Matsinos, Wilfried F. Wolff, Donald L. DeAngelis -- Potential of branching processes as a modeling tool for conservation biology / Fr?ed?eric Gosselin, Jean-Dominique Lebreton -- Role of genetics in conservation biology / Sabine S. Loew -- Modeling problems in conservation genetics using laboratory animals / Richard Frankham -- Theoretical properties of extinction by inbreeding depression under stochastic environments / Yoshinari Tanaka -- Mathematical methods for identifying representative reserve networks / Hugh Possingham, Ian Ball, Sandy Andelman.
- LCC: QH75
- Dewey Decimal: 333.9516
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 322 p. : ill., maps.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Conservation biology -- Statistical methods
- Conservation biology -- Mathematical models
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books