Includes bibliographical references (p. 299-318) and index. Psychotherapy and philosophy -- Truth, method, and the limits of reason: Descartes and Pascal -- Reason, the unconscious, and history: Kant, Hegel, and Marx -- Angst, authenticity, and ressentiment: Kierkegaard and Nietzsche -- Psychology as a human science: Dilthey and Husserl -- Psychology of the unconscious: Freud and Jung -- Phenomenology and human experience: Scheler, Jaspers, and Heidegger -- Modes of relatedness: Buber, Binswanger, and Boss -- Recognition and the limits of reciprocity: Sartre, Lacan, and Laing -- Psychoanalysis and intersubjectivity: Sullivan, Fromm, Merleau-Ponty, Benjamin, and Stolorow -- Psychotherapy and postmodernism -- Clinical postscript.
- LCC: RC480
- Dewey Decimal: 616.89/14
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 326 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Psychotherapy -- Philosophy
- Psychotherapy -- Miscellanea
- Psychotherapy -- History
- History, 19th Century
- History, 20th Century
- Philosophy, Medical -- History
- Psychoanalysis -- History
- Psychoanalytic Theory
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books