This second edition expands on the previous edition with new chapters that are suitable for newcomers, as well as more detailed chapters that cover protein stability and storage, avoiding proteolysis during chromatography, protein quantitation methods including immuno-qPCR, and the challenges that scale-up of production poses to the investigator. Many of the chapters also discuss generation and purification of recombinant proteins, recombinant antibody production, and the tagging of proteins as a means to enhance their solubility and simplify their purification on an individual scale or in high-throughput systems. This book also provides readers with chapters that describe not just the more commonly used methods, but also recently developed approaches such as proteomic/mass spectrometric techniques and Lectin-based affinity chromatography. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Cutting-edge and thorough, Protein Chromatography: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in the field of protein chromatography.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (x, 426 p.) :
- Edition Info: 2nd ed.;
- Proteins -- Analysis
- Chromatographic analysis
- Proteins -- analysis
- Chromatography -- methods
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books