Private Standards in the United States and European Union Markets for Fruit and Vegetables: Implications for Developing Countries (Fao Commodity Studies)
Over the past 20 years the number of standards and certification programmes for agricultural production has grown rapidly. Producers who want to export are confronted not only by a plethora of import regulations but also within import countries by different niche markets for which specific requirements have to be fulfilled.This report gives an overview of standards and certification programmes relevant for fruit and vegetable producers and exporters in developing countries with a focus on the markets of the United States of America and the European Union. In addition, it gives an overview of current analytical work on standards and trade, reviews major assistance programmes related to standards, and provides recommendations for further research.
- Dewey Decimal: 664
- Physical Description: 8.3"x11.7"x0.5"; 1.1 lb; 150 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-12-30
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Exports & Imports
- Business & Investing -- Industries & Professions -- Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Business & Investing -- Industries & Professions -- Industrial Relations
- Business & Investing -- International -- General
- Business & Investing -- Reference -- Shopping & Commerce
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- Food Sciences -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General
- Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- Food Science
- Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books