"Portuguese" style and Luso-African identity: precolonial Senegambia, sixteenth-nineteenth centuries
Includes bibliographical references (p. -197) and index. The evolution of "Portuguese" identity: Luso-Africans on the upper Guinea coast from the sixteenth century to the early nineteenth century -- Sixteenth- and seventeenth-century architecture in the Gambia-Geba region and the articulation of Luso-African ethnicity -- Reconstructing West African architectural history: images of seventeenth-century "Portuguese"-style houses in Brazil -- "The people there are beginning to take on English manners": mixed manners in seventeenth- and early-eighteenth-century Gambia -- Senegambia from the mid-eighteenth century to the mid-nineteenth century -- Casamance architecture from 1850 to the establishment of colonial administration.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 208 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Architecture, Domestic -- Senegambia
- Architecture, Portuguese Colonial -- Senegambia
- Vernacular architecture -- Senegambia
- Miscegenation -- Senegambia
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books