Poetry, symbol, and allegory: interpreting metaphorical language from Plato to the present
Includes bibliographical references (p. 219-221) and index. The western tradition -- Religion, philosophy, and interpretation in the Middle Ages -- Dante Alighieri, hermetism, and Renaissance Italy -- England in the late Middle Ages and the Renaissance -- Philosophy and representation in the seventeenth century -- Toward romanticism -- Symbol and allegory.
- LCC: PR508
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 226 p. ; 24 cm.
- Dante Alighieri,1265-1321 -- Aesthetics
- English poetry -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc
- Meaning (Philosophy) in literature
- Symbolism in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books