Poetry does theology: Chaucer, Grosseteste, and the Pearl-Poet
Includes bibliographical references (p. 293-314) and index.
- LCC: PR317
- Dewey Decimal: 821/.109382
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 324 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Grosseteste, Robert,1175?-1253 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Langland, William,1330?-1400? -- Piers the Plowman
- Chaucer, Geoffrey,d. 1400. -- Canterbury tales
- Patience (Middle English poem)
- Purity (Middle English poem)
- Pearl (Middle English poem)
- Christian poetry, English (Middle) -- History and criticism
- Theology in literature
- English poetry -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- History and criticism
- Theology -- History -- Middle Ages, 600-1500
- Chaucer, Geoffrey,d. 1400 -- Canterbury tales
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books