Playing the globe: genre and geography in English Renaissance drama
Includes bibliographical references and index. The mental maps of English Renaissance drama / Virginia Mason Vaughan -- Elizabethan drama and the cartographizations of space / John Gillies -- Gelded continents and plenteous rivers / Bruce Avery -- A room not one's own / Rhonda Lemke Sanford -- Genre and geography / Linda McJannet -- Shakespeare's Greek world / Sara Hanna -- Britain and the great beyond / Richmond Barbour -- Slave-born Muscovites / John Michael Archer -- Strange outlandish wealth / Barbara Sebek -- Marlowe, the Timur myth, and the motives of geography / John Gillies -- The "strange" geographies of Cymbeline / Glenn Clark -- Domains of victory / Anthony Miller.
- LCC: PR678
- Dewey Decimal: 822/.30932
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 295 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- English drama -- Early modern and Elizabethan, 1500-1600 -- History and criticism
- Geography in literature
- English drama -- 17th century -- History and criticism
- Geographical discoveries in literature
- English drama -- Foreign influences
- Geographical myths in literature
- Space and time in literature
- Renaissance -- England
- Literary form
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books