Includes bibliographical references. The natural law tradition -- Legal positivism -- Legal ralism and skepticism -- Principles and legal interpretation -- Critical theory -- International law -- Is there a moral obligation to obey the law? -- Liberty -- Equality -- Rights -- Privacy -- Freedom of expression -- Terrorism and torture -- General principles of responsibility -- Punishment and responsibility -- Torts and compensation -- Contract -- Property.
- LCC: K231
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 968 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Law -- Philosophy
- Law and ethics
- Law -- United States -- Philosophy
- Law -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books