Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Horses of a different color? / Margaret A. Boden -- Mother nature versus the walking encyclopedia : a Western drama / Daniel C. Dennett -- What is the "D" in "PDP"? : a survey of the concept of distribution / Tim van Gelder -- Representational genera / John Haugeland -- The role of representation in connectionist explanations of cognitive capacities / Robert Cummins -- In defense of explicit rules / Andy Clark -- Theconcept of representation and the representation of concepts in connectionist models / Thomas Goschke and Dirk Koppelberg -- Representation in perception and cognition : connectionist affordances / Gary Hatfield -- Connectionism, eliminativism, and the future of folk psychology /William Ramsey, Stephen P. Stich and Joseph Garon -- Concepts, connectionism, and the language of thought / Martin Davies -- Homuncular functionalism meets PDP / William Lycan. Connectionism and three levels of nativism / William Ramsey and Stephen P. Stich.
- LCC: BF444
- Dewey Decimal: 128/.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 320 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hard) :$59.95
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books