Peter, Paul, and Mary Magdalene the followers of Jesus in history and legend
Historian of religion Ehrman takes readers on a tour of the early Christian church, illuminating the lives of three of Jesus' most intriguing followers: Simon Peter, Paul of Tarsus, and Mary Magdalene. What do the writings of the New Testament tell us about each of these key followers of Christ? What legends have sprung up about them in the centuries after their deaths? Was Paul bow-legged and bald? Was Peter crucified upside down? Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute? Ehrman separates fact from fiction, presenting complicated historical issues in a clear and informative way and relating anecdotes culled from the traditions of these three followers.--From publisher description.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-272) and index. Electronic reproduction.UK :MyiLibrary,.Made available through MyiLibraryMode of access: World Wide WebTitle from title screen (viewed Sept. 22, 2010)
- LCC: BS2515
- Dewey Decimal: 225.9/22
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 285 p. : ill.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books